The Police Command in Kano has announced the seizure of 820 cartons of suspected fake and expired drugs at Malam Kato Market in Fage Local Government Area of the state.
According to the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Abdullahi Kiyawa, the drugs were discovered in two warehouses within the market. The recovered drugs included:
- 514 cartons of eemistxmin/emstifer syrup
- 219 cartons of 5mg Lisinopril tablets
- 7 cartons of 5mg amlodipine tablets
- 87 cartons of 50mg atenol
- 40 cartons along with 3 cartons of Frusemide injection.
Kiyawa stated that the drugs were subsequently handed over to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) by a team of detectives dispatched to the scene under the directive of the state Commissioner of Police, Usaini Gumel.
He urged residents to promptly report any suspicious individuals or items to the police for swift action.