
In Lagos State, gunmen are said to have abducted three siblings on their way home from school on Thursday.
Gunmen are said to have taken the three children, Modesire, 8, Oluwatomisin, 15, and Oluwadarasimi, 11, as they were returning from their school in Ikeja.
The abductors had not yet made any demands, so the details of the alleged kidnapping were sketchy.
It was learned that the kidnappers contacted the mother of the children and informed her that they were in their care, but they did not specify any conditions for their release.
The parents informed Area G Police Command, Ogba, of the incident yesterday, according to reports.
The distressed mother who addressed a correspondent said: " After Thursday's closing hours, I was expecting my daughters, but when they were supposed to be home, I didn't see them. Then, I got a call from an unknown person telling me that my daughters had been taken away.
“I was trying to make further enquiry about their whereabouts and the reason for abducting them but the person just cut the call and has not called back since Thursday. “I could not call back because he hid the number to call me. He let me hear the voice of my children to be ascertained that they were in their captivity.
“The whole family has been in great fear and panic since last week especially when we are yet to hear from the abductors. “We have not heard the voice of our children since last week. We don’t know where they are. We don’t know what they eat, we don’t know what they are doing for or with them.
“I don’t know why my children, three children were abducted. This is so terrible. We are appealing to anyone with useful information about their whereabouts to please contact the nearest police station or law enforcement officers.”
However, Lagos police spokesperson SP Benjamin Hundeyin stated that he was unaware of the incident.
He claimed that he had contacted all of the divisions in and around Ikeja, but that none of them had confirmed that such an incident took place within their jurisdiction.